Contacts for licences and permits

Find out who to contact about a range of different licences.

As a county council, we are only responsible for a few types of licences. The rest are issued by the district and city councils, and other organisations. See below to find out who you need to contact.

What to contact us about

We consider applications for the following types of licences

Contact your district council for the following licences

  • Acupuncturist
  • Amusement - with prizes
  • Boarding animals
  • Butchers
  • Car boot sales
  • Cinemas
  • Collecting for charity - door to door collections
  • Collecting for charity - street collections
  • Dog breeding
  • Door supervisors (bouncers)
  • Exotic, dangerous or wild animals
  • Food business
  • Game dealers
  • Gaming machines
  • Hairdressers
  • Horse riding establishments
  • Late hours catering
  • Lottery
  • Massage and Special Treatment (MST) - includes sauna and sunbeds
  • Pet shop
  • Private hire operator's licence
  • Private hire vehicle (minicab)
  • Public entertainment
  • Sale of alcohol
  • Second hand goods
  • Selling animals
  • Sex establishments
  • Scrap metal dealing
  • Street parties
  • Street trading
  • Sunday trading (restrictions apply to large businesses only)
  • Tattooists, ear piercing and electrolysis
  • Taxis (Hackney Carriages)
  • Taxi/private hire vehicle - driving
  • Theatrical performances
  • Zoos

Contact your local district council

Other licences

The following licences are handled by other organisations:

Further information and guidance