Application form for filming in Oxfordshire

Apply to film on or next to the road in Oxfordshire.

Filming on or next to the highway requires our agreement. Read our Filming guidance document (pdf format, 48 Kb) to help with your application.

Before you apply

Risk assessment

A risk assessment form must accompany all applications - see our example (docx format, 56Kb) and include a copy of your companies public liability insurance for no less than £10 million

Traffic management

Applications that require traffic management must submit a traffic management plan for approval and employ a street works accredited contractor to perform traffic management duties. We require all contractors who carry out work on the public highway to hold a Public Liability Policy to indemnify us for not less than £10,000,000 regarding any one accident or claim. All traffic management must comply with the current Traffic Signs Manual, Traffic Signs General Directions 2016 and the Safety at Street Works Code of Practice.


Filming charges - daily fees. Charge calculated depending on the size of the crew working on the public highway and complexity of filming requirements.

Crew size filming charges per day

  • 1 – 10 Crew £77 (capped at a maximum fee of £306)
  • 11 – 29 Crew £306 (capped at a maximum fee of £1,244)
  • 30 – 40 Crew £510 (capped at a maximum fee of £2,040)
  • 41+ Crew £2,040 (capped maximum fee by negotiation)
  • Location Meeting £50 per hour (after the initial meeting)
  • Traffic Management plans - £60 per TM plan for approval of traffic management and signing plans
  • Traffic Management Permit - £160

VAT is applicable on these charges

If you consider a road closure for filming purposes, the team will require at least eight weeks’ notice to process the Special Event Order needed for this legal process. Please supply details on the filming application form or contact the team for further information.


If your production includes animals, you may need a performing animals licence. Contact the relevant district council for this information. 


If your cast includes children, then a child performance licence may be required.

After you apply

If possible, please give two weeks notice for any small scale filming requests and at least 8 - 12 weeks notice for complex medium/large scale filming projects. If needed, the team will contact you shortly after your application has been received to discuss your requirements.

Apply to film in Oxfordshire