Information for colleges and other providers of education and training for young people
Special Educational Needs and Disability
The Code of Practice for Special Educational Needs and Disability (2015) introduced new responsibilities for providers of education and training for young people up to the age of 25. These pages provide information and guidance on implementing the changes.
SEN Support in colleges
A guide on SEN Support in further education colleges (pdf format, 88Kb) clarifies responsibilities and expectations.
Young people in Oxfordshire shared their views and experiences to help inform useful transition guidance. Supporting deaf young people through transition (pdf format) was produced to support young people with hearing impairments, however it provides a useful overview, resources and checklist that could help all young people.
Applying for an EHC needs assessment
- Guidance for young people, colleges and other post 16 providers (docx format, 226Kb)
- Application form for an EHC needs assessment for young people (docx format, 206Kb)
Young people with an EHC plan must have an Annual Review of the plan within twelve months of it being issued and subsequently within twelve months of each Annual Review.
- Annual review guidance for colleges and other post 16 providers (pdf format, 222Kb)
- College report for Annual Review (docx format, 224Kb)
- Young person comment form (docx format, 225Kb)
- Notification to LA of annual review (docx format, 218Kb)
- Sample letter to invite a young person to AR meeting (docs format, 17Kb)
- Sample letter to invite professionals to AR meeting (docx format, 18Kb)
- Record of Annual Review form (docx format, 231Kb)
- Young person evaluation form (docx format, 224Kb)
EHC plans written after September 2015 have an expanded Annual review section in Annex A. To review plans written before this date use this stand-alone version of Annex A (or add the additional information to the existing Annex A).