School transfer - moving house
Moving to Oxfordshire
If you are moving to Oxfordshire you should apply using the Oxfordshire in-year application form. You should provide proof of your new address with the application. Please see below about what information we accept as proof of address.
Moving to Oxfordshire from overseas
If you are moving to Oxfordshire from overseas we always request a copy of the child's passport and, if necessary, visa (if the child holds a non-EU passport). Please provide a copy of this with the application. It is not possible to offer a school place to a child arriving in Oxfordshire from overseas unless we have seen evidence that they are entitled to a UK state education.
You will also need to provide proof of your new address. See below about information we accept as proof of address.
Moving within Oxfordshire
If you are moving within Oxfordshire (from an Oxfordshire address to another Oxfordshire address), you should apply using the Oxfordshire in-year application form (below). You should provide proof of your new address with the application. See below about information we accept as proof of address.
Proof of address
If you are moving to a new address in Oxfordshire, you should provide proof of that new address as soon as possible. It is likely that this will give your child a higher priority for a school place than if your application is processed on your current or previous address.
Documents we accept as proof of address:
- Solicitor’s letter confirming contracts have been exchanged
- Tenancy agreement (the page showing details of new address and last page signed by landlord and tenant)
- New Council Tax demand
- Letter from new employer (e.g. University college) where accommodation is being provided by them and is tied to the new post/job
- New Quarter information if this is a military posting with provided accommodation
- Assignment Order if this is a military posting but the new quarter has not yet been notified.
Moving out of Oxfordshire
If you are moving out of Oxfordshire (and you want your child to transfer to a school in another county/area), you will need to apply directly via the new local authority for the area you are moving to, or (in some cases) via the school direct. You can find out your new local authority using the Government’s postcode finder.