Guidance and web links
Educational resources and guidance for teachers working with children and young people who are adopted or under special guardianship order (SGO).
- The Adopted Child in School – a summary guidance leaflet for schools and parents (pdf format, 1.94Mb)
- Understanding the needs of adopted children and children under special guardianship order – a brief guide from the Educational Psychology Service (EP) and Attach team (pdf format, 224Kb)
- Checklist for welcoming an adopted child into your school - a useful checklist from the EP Service and Attach team (pdf format, 582Kb)
- Adoption information in this website including FAQs about adoption
- Adoption team - provides adoption support, family finding, step-parent adoption
- The Attach team - The Attach team comprises clinical psychologists and senior practitioners with specialisms in the field of attachment theory and the impact of abuse and neglect. They help Oxfordshire children and young people, who are living away from their birth parents, including those living in foster care, kinship care, or in adoptive families.
- Template letter for claiming Pupil Premium Plus (doc format, 13Kb)
- Education plan for adopted and SGO children - Primary (docx format, 198Kb)
- Education plan for adopted and SGO children - Secondary (docx format, 200Kb)