Start your application
- I have an email address (if I'm applying online) - need help setting up an email account?
- I have my national insurance number (if I'm applying online).
- I have my passport-style photo (or will take one with my webcam during the online application).
- I have my proof of identity and age (if I'm applying in a library or by phone)
- I have my proof of address (if I'm applying in a library or by phone).
In person at a library
You can take your documents to one of the 11 libraries that provide a 'drop and send' service.
- Abingdon Library
- Banbury Library
- Bicester Library
- Botley Library
- Carterton Library
- Cowley Library
- Didcot Library
- Henley Library
- Kidlington Library
- Oxfordshire County Library*
- Summertown Library
- Thame Library
- Wallingford Library
- Wantage Library
- Witney Library
*If you are visiting Oxfordshire County Library, you will be able to use the self-service computers located on the second floor to make your application. These machines have an integrated webcam and scanner attached so you can take a photograph and scan any documents to support your application.
Call us on 0345 310 1111 and we will help you make your application online. Calls are charged at local rate.
If you apply by phone you need to send us a recent photo to complete the application. You may also need to send proof of address if you have lived at your current address for less than three years. We will advise you if this is the case during the application.