What proof is required?
Proof of address
The following documents are acceptable in proving valid home addresses:
- Council Tax bill
- Bank statement (dated within the past three months)
- Utility bill (dated within the past three months)
- Local government letter (DWP Letter/HB Letter)
- Driving licence (must be valid)
Proof of identity
The following documents are acceptable in proving identity:
- Birth certificate
- Marriage certificate
- Valid driving licence
- Valid passport
- Civil partnership/dissolution certificate
You need to upload a suitable passport-style photograph that will appear on your pass.
The photograph should be less than six months old and should be in colour. We do not accept black and white photos.
Read our photo guidance page for more details.
Medical documents - consultant or hospital letter etc
- Hospital letter
- Consultant letter
- Other award letters that show eligibility without assessment such as Disability Living Allowance award letter or annual uprating letter, Personal Independence Payment letter showing a break down of points of entitlement
If you are unsure what documents you will need to send us as proof of your eligibility, then view a list of suitable: