Check your documents
When you apply for a disabled person's bus pass, you will be asked to provide a number of documents to support your application. You will save yourself time if you make sure you have the documents available before you start your application.
Documents you must provide
- Proof of identity
- Proof of address
- Passport photo of the badge-holder
- Supporting evidence
The documents you need will depend on the category you are applying under. Check the supporting evidence you need to provide with disabled person's bus pass application before you start your application.
Proof of identity and age
One of the following documents is acceptable as proof of identity and proof of age.
- Birth/adoption certificate (and marriage certificate if a name has changed)
- Current passport - the identification page. If your passport is not an EU passport, a copy of the visa page is also required
- Current driving licence – the counterpart of a driving licence is no longer a valid proof of identity
- Pension letter
Proof of address
If you have lived at your current address for less than three years, you may also be asked to send us proof of your address. You will be advised of this during the application.
One of the following documents is acceptable as proof of address:
- A pension letter (current financial letter)
- Current driving licence – the counterpart of a driving licence is no longer a valid proof of address
- Recent utility bill – no more than three months old
- Bank or credit card statement – no more than three months old. Edit out account details
- Current council tax bill (current financial year)
Passport photo of the applicant
Acceptable photograph - the photograph must be:
- a close-up photo of the head and shoulders of the badge-holder
- in colour
- taken within the last six months
- with no one else visible.
You will be asked to provide your supporting documents and a passport-style photo. The quickest way to provide this information is to upload it when making the application. All files should be in PDF format, no larger than 1MB each.
If you are uploading documents to the form:
- your proof of address and proof of eligibility can be the same document (no more than three months old).
- your proof of identity must clearly show your date of birth.