Transferring or moving school

How to apply for places at Oxfordshire schools during the academic year (in-year transfers)

Start your application

Delay in processing

There are delays in processing in-year transfer requests due to coronavirus.

You can use the in-year application form to transfer your child to a different school in Oxfordshire.

Application checklist

Please note: you cannot save the form unfinished - so make sure you have at least 15 minutes of uninterrupted time to complete it in one go.

Apply for a school transfer

I can't use the online form

If you are not able to use the online form, you can download and print a paper copy - Apply for a school transfer (.pdf format, 450 Kb).

Completed paper forms can be posted to:

School Admissions Team
County Hall
New Road

Alternatively, you can drop your form in by hand to reception at the address above. Don't send us original documents, copies are acceptable.

What happens next?

Once we have processed your application, we will contact you either by email or post.


If your school application is refused, you may appeal against the decision.