A van or trailer permit allows you to use a permitted vehicle to dispose of your household waste only.
- Permits will only be issued to Oxfordshire households.
- Permits will only be issued to householders who intend to deposit their own household waste.
- Permits are valid for 12 individual visits per year.
- Permits are valid for all HWRCs in Oxfordshire.
- Permits will expire if the permit is not used at all within 24 consecutive months from the date of issue. Where permits lapse, residents are always permitted to reapply if needed.
- Permits that have been used will automatically renew on the permit anniversary date.
- HWRC site staff will check the permit record by the unique permit number or vehicle registration.
- The permit is only valid for the commercial-type vehicle or trailer described on your application.
- If you visit the HWRC network more than once in one day, each visit will be counted separately.
- Permits are approved per vehicle or trailer, so any member of your household or driver you designate may visit the site with this vehicle or trailer.
- Oxfordshire County Council reserves the right to cancel permits or amend the operation of the HWRC household permit scheme at any time.
One permit per address and vehicle
A household may be granted only one permit at a time. It is not permissible to apply for a permit for multiple commercial-type vehicles or both a commercial-type vehicle and a trailer or for vehicles/ trailers to be registered to multiple addresses.
If you have any questions about the terms and conditions above, contact us.