Book an appointment to register a birth
First, book an appointment at one of the following places:
- Oxford Register Office (1 Tidmarsh Lane, Oxford OX1 1NS)
- Banbury Registration Office (Bodicote House, Banbury OX15 4AA)
- Bicester Registration Office (Franklins House, Wesley Lane, Bicester OX26 6JU) Please note: registration appointments take place in Bicester Library, not in Garth Park
- Witney Registration Office (Council Offices, Woodgreen, Witney OX28 1NB)
- Abingdon Registration Office (Roysse Court, Bridge Street, Abingdon OX14 3HU)
- Didcot Registration Office (197 Broadway, Didcot OX11 8RU)
- Henley Registration Office (68 Northfield End, Henley-on-Thames RG9 2JN)
To book an appointment either call us on 0345 241 2489 or use the online service
Order copies of the birth certificate
Next, order copies of the birth certificate. Certificates cost £11 each. We can only issue certificates at the appointment if you have paid for them in advance.
What you need to know about coming to the appointment
Who should attend the appointment?
If the parents are married or in a legal civil partnership, only one parent needs to attend the appointment; however, both are welcome to attend together.
If the parents are not married or in a legal civil partnership, and you want to include the details of the father or second female parent in the birth register, both parents should attend the appointment.
If English is not your first language, you can ask a friend or relative to come as an interpreter.
Please contact us on 0345 241 2489 if you need any additional support registering your baby.