Oxfordshire County Council logo

Contact the Registration Service

Send a message to the Registration Service or check availability for ceremonies

The team will respond to your enquiry within two working days, except during peak periods, such as after a bank holiday when our response time will increase to three working days.

What do you want to do?

Immigration control changes from 1 July 2021

Relevant national

You are defined as a 'relevant national' if any of the statuses below apply to you.

You are:

  • a British citizen
  • an Irish citizen
  • a person who has been granted settled or pre-settled EU Settlement Status (EUSS) or applied for that status before 30 June 2021.

As a couple who are relevant nationals:

  • you must give notice in the district in which you live
  • a valid notice must be in place at least 30 days before the ceremony date.

Subject to immigration control

You are defined as being 'subject to immigration control' if you or the person you are going to marry or form a civil partnership with are not relevant nationals.

As a couple subject to immigration control:

  • you must give notice together in the district in which either one of you lives
  • a valid notice must be in place at least 70 days before the ceremony date.

Certificate of non-impediment

Not all countries require a certificate of non-impediment or require further actions once the certificate has been generated. We advise you to check getting married abroad on GOV.UK (opens a new window) before booking your appointment.


You must pay for the appointment when you book.


Service information

View the latest information about marriage and civil partnership ceremonies during coronavirus.

If you are enquiring about booking a ceremony you will also need to give notice of marriage or civil partnership.

We are currently giving priority to couples who have booked ceremonies that are due to take place in the next six months.

For your ceremony to go ahead, you must have valid Notices of Marriage in place at least 30 days before the date of your ceremony or 70 days if one or both of the couple are subject to immigration control.