The Family Solutions Service (FSS) supports families across Oxfordshire. Our work with children and their families includes Early Help support like Team Around the Family (TAF) and Early Help Assessment (EHA). It also includes statutory planning within Child in Need (CIN), & Child Protection (CP) frameworks. Where necessary we undertake court proceedings to safeguard children.
The service is delivered from eight Children and Family Centres and other venues including remotely.
Access the Family Solutions Service
Children, young people and families are referred into the service from all kinds of different services that work with children and families. The Locality and Community Support Service help with this.
For immediate safeguarding concerns about a child you should contact the Multi-Agency Safeguarding Hub (MASH). Immediate safeguarding concerns include:
- Allegations/concerns that the child has been sexually/physically abused.
- Concerns that the child is suffering from severe neglect or other severe health risks.
- The child is frightened to return home.
- Concern that a child is living in or will be returned to a situation that may place him/her at immediate risk.
- The child has been abandoned or parent is absent.
Contact the MASH online or by phoning 0345 050 7666.
Family Solutions Services
We work closely with partner agencies to provide a range of services including support around parenting, domestic abuse, school readiness, and more. Specialist services include:
- EET Service for young people not in education, employment and training
- Aquarius Service for children and young people affected by drug or alcohol use
- Family Group Conference Service which supports family and friends to be involved in decisions being made about a child
- Family Time Team which helps children not living with their family stay in contact with family members
- Parenting support such as Family Links (primary school parenting support), Take 3 (adolescent parenting support) and Own my Life (Domestic Abuse support)
Family Solutions values and service aims
- We are family focused, determined to improve outcomes for the child in the family contact
- We aim to provide the right support at the right time to help children & families overcome their difficulties
- We aspire to ensure that every child not able to live with a parent is safe, secure and nurtured, supporting meaningful connections with families and communities
- Integrated, multi-disciplinary and connected services from the “front door” to specialist services
- An approach supporting social workers and practitioners to deliver meaningful interventions and create lasting change
- Children are supported within their own family/community wherever possible: their identity and sense of belonging are nurtured & respected
- Dynamic, creative, ambitious and sustainable multi-disciplinary teams