It supports children aged 0 – 19 (and up to their 25th birthday if children have special educational needs with an Education Health and Care Plan in place).
The Family Solutions Service includes Children's Social Care Family Support Service with Early Help Services. They provide timely support and interventions through case work and targeted interventions to vulnerable children and families requiring statutory or targeted support to reduce safeguarding concerns.
The service is based in eight Children and Family Centres. Services are delivered locally from these and other linked sites. Workers also meet children and families at other venues, including their home, school and locations close to where the family live, to ensure families do not have to travel too far for access the service.
In each centre the statutory team and early help team, work together to provide support to children in need, those on child protection plans and those who are looked after by Oxfordshire County Council.
Access the Family Solutions Service
Children, young people and families are referred into the service from all kinds of different services that work with children and families. The Locality and Community Support Service help with this.
For immediate safeguarding concerns about a child you should contact the Multi-Agency Safeguarding Hub (MASH). Immediate safeguarding concerns include:
- Allegations/concerns that the child has been sexually/physically abused.
- Concerns that the child is suffering from severe neglect or other severe health risks.
- The child is frightened to return home.
- Concern that a child is living in or will be returned to a situation that may place him/her at immediate risk.
- The child has been abandoned or parent is absent.
Contact the MASH online or by phoning 0345 050 7666.
Family Solutions Early Help
The Early Help Team works closely with partner agencies to provide a range of services including play & learn 0-5, and support around parenting, domestic abuse, school readiness, and more. Specialist services include:
- EET Service for young people not in education, employment and training
- Aquarius Service for children and young people affected by drug or alcohol use
- Young Carers for children who care for someone
- Troubled Families Employment Advisors for adults 18+
Families supported by Family Solutions Early Help start with an Early Help Assessment (EHA) which helps identify all the support needed. They then move onto a Team Around the Family (TAF) plan.