Oxfordshire County Council logo

Contact Trading Standards

Send a message to our team.

Your query
What do you want to contact us about?

Doorstep crime

If you think a rogue trader has called at a door in your area, report it immediately. Call the Community Safety Service on 01865 895999 (select option 2). Learn more about doorstep crime.

Animal welfare

For out of hours or emergency, contact the Animal and Plant Health Agency (APHA):

  • to report the suspicion of notifiable diseases in animals
  • to report the suspicion of animal welfare issues
  • for advice and guidance on animal health and welfare services.

Call the Defra Rural Services helpline on 03000 200 301 and choose the appropriate options for APHA.

If you suspect that any other animal is being subjected to any form of cruelty, contact the RSPCA

Emails we respond to

Trading Standards will only respond to the following types of emails.

From businesses (including farmers) with:

  • enquiries about licensing or registrations overseen by Trading Standards
  • advice about Trading Standards legislation related to their own business, such as advice on your products and labelling (excluding business to business disputes).

You can also find guidance for businesses at Advice for business

From other agencies involved in joint work with Trading Standards, for example, schools and enforcement agencies.

From suppliers of goods and services to Trading Standards.

Freedom of information requests (if you seek information held by Oxfordshire County Council under the Freedom of Information Act, we will reply within the timescales specified in the Act).

Your contact form

Other ways to contact us

By post or telephone

Business or farming advice

Oxfordshire Trading Standards Service
Graham Hill House
Electric Avenue
Ferry Hinksey Road

01865 895999

Monday to Thursday 8.30 am–5 pm and Friday 8.30 am–4 pm

Consumer advice

Visit the Citizens Advice website or phone the consumer helpline on 0808 223 1133.

Other ways to contact us

By post or telephone

Petroleum Officer
Trading Standards Service
Oxfordshire County Council
Electric Avenue
Ferry Hinksey Road

01865 895999 (Option 2)

Service information

Our purpose is to keep individuals, communities, businesses and livestock safe from harm.