In September 2021, the government published its plan for reforming funding for Health and Social Care (Build Back Better: Our Plan for Health and Social Care) which included:
- Implementation of a cap of £86k on personal care costs, setting this as the maximum amount any individual can spend on their personal care over a lifetime
- Allowing those who self-fund their care to ask the Local Authority to arrange their care for them
- Making changes to the current means test which provides financial assistance to those with lower assets
- Delivering wider support for the social care system including workforce training and development
- Further integration of health and social care systems
- The introduction of CQC assurance for Local Authorities’ commissioning of adult social care
In December 2021, the government also published its white paper for reforming the delivery of Adult Social Care (People at the Heart of Care) which sets out a 10-year vision and includes three objectives:
- People have choice, control, and support to live independent lives
- People can access outstanding quality and tailored care and support
- People find adult social care fair and accessible
65+ Care Home Cost of Care Tool: Guidance for Care Providers
We are pleased to announce the launch of the CareCubed Fair Cost of Care tool for 65+ Care Homes. This free online tool was commissioned by CHIP (Care and Health Improvement Programme) (delivered by ADASS and the LGA (LOCAL GOVERNMENT ASSOCIATION)) for use by Care Home Providers and Local Authorities in England to input, share and collate data for the DHSC (Department of Health and Social Care) Cost of Care Exercise for 65+ Care Homes.
The tool builds on the already established and widely used CareCubed platform – which is used by over one-third of councils and more than 50 providers across children and young people, working-age adults and older people. If you would like to find out more about CareCubed please contact CareCubed@iese.org.uk.
This user guide is written from a Care Provider perspective and will walk you through the available functionality within the solution, from user registration to data submission and through to handling queries.