Alcohol and drug addiction
Information for anyone affected by drug and alcohol problems.
Turning Point Roads to Recovery
For advice and information on drug and alcohol services for adults aged 18 and over look at the Roads to Recovery website.
What Turning Point do
Help people recover from drug and alcohol addiction by offering a holistic range of services from harm minimisation advice to treatment through to relapse prevention.
Alcohol and drug services are provided through locality hubs, satellite services in rural areas and at some GP practices.
- Harm minimisation advice and information
- Recovery services and 1-2-1 support
- Residential detoxification and rehabilitation assessment and placement management
- Recovery nurses and workers supporting GP practices (shared care).
- Drop-ins and group work across Oxfordshire
- Employment and training assistance
Turning Point Roads to Recovery operate from four hubs based in:
Sometimes getting drug or alcohol-free in the community is not practical, achievable or safe.
Residential treatment provides a safe, caring and therapeutic environment for those needing extra support.
Oxfordshire County Council commissions a range of residential detoxification and residential rehabilitation treatment programmes that offer:
- medically supported detoxification, with regular check-ups from a nurse and GP clinical team
- intensive group work programme, providing the necessary skills to achieve and remain abstinent and support your health and wellbeing
- support from volunteer mentors
- regular social and fun activities, to help you adjust to life without drug or alcohol dependency
- one-to-one sessions with your own recovery worker
- relapse prevention planning and support
- a chance to get your life back!
Assessment and referrals to residential treatment are carried out by Turning Point Roads to Recovery in the first instance. Contact our Oxford Hub for more information.
For under 18s
We work with the organisation Cranstoun – Here4YOUth Oxfordshire which provides a range of drug and alcohol services.
Here4YOUth Oxfordshire workers are based at Oxfordshire Children and Family Centres and can provide support to young people who misuse substances.
There is more information for young people about risks associated with drugs and alcohol, including drugs grooming and criminal exploitation, on the oxme.info website