Alcohol and drug addiction

Information for anyone affected by drug and alcohol problems.

Turning Point Roads to Recovery

For advice and information on drug and alcohol services for adults aged 18 and over look at the Roads to Recovery website.

What we do

To help people recover from drug and alcohol addiction by offering a holistic range of integrated services from detox and residential rehab to supported living and ongoing support.

Drug and alcohol services are provided through locality hubs, satellite services in rural areas and some GP practices.

Services include:

  • Harm minimisation advice and information
  • Recovery services
  • Residential rehab and detox assessments and placement management
  • Recovery nurses and workers in GP practices (shared care).
  • Drop-in and group work across Oxfordshire
  • Employment and training assistance
  • Needle exchange
  • SWOP leaflet (pdf format, 371Kb)

Locality hubs

Turning Point Roads to Recovery is based at 4 different locations:

SMART Howard House - residential treatment

Sometimes getting clean or sober in the community is not practical, achievable or safe.

Residential treatment with SMART provides a safe, caring and therapeutic environment for those needing a bit of extra support.

The residential treatment programme offers:

  • medically supported detoxification, with regular check-ups from a nurse and GP
  • an intensive group work programme, providing the necessary skills to stay clean
  • support from volunteer mentors
  • regular social and fun activities, to help you adjust to life without drug or alcohol dependency
  • one-to-one sessions with your own Recovery Worker
  • visits from family and friends after a brief settling in period
  • a chance to get your life back!

Referrals to SMART Howard House are carried out by Turning Point Roads to Recovery in the first instance. Contact our Oxford Hub.

For under 18s

We work with the organisation Aquarius which provides a range of drug and alcohol services.

Aquarius workers are based at Oxfordshire Children and Family Centres and can provide support to young people who misuse substances.

There is more information for young people about risks associated with drugs and alcohol, including drugs grooming and criminal exploitation, on the website 

Information for workplaces

Oxfordshire Alcohol Identification  and Brief Advice newsletter (pdf format)