Who we are and what we do
The Children’s Trust Board brings together the public, private and voluntary sectors to improve outcomes for all children and young people who live in the county.
The board's objectives are to ensure that agencies work together effectively and strategically across children’s services.
We want to ensure that the voice of children, young people and their families contribute to these arrangements and to decision-making.
The purpose of the trust is to:
- oversee key areas of multi-agency strategic planning for children and young people
- improve outcomes for children in relation to being successful, keeping safe, staying healthy, and being supported
- drive the integration agenda where there is evidence that integrated working will improve outcomes for children and young people
- champion the involvement of children, young people, parents and carers in partnership working with senior managers and politicians
- ensure the Health and Wellbeing Board and other partnerships are sighted on the key challenges facing children and young people in Oxfordshire.
Children’s Trust Board Meetings
The trust reports to the Health and Wellbeing Board and influences and supports the work of the board to improve outcomes for children and young people and their families.
The Children's Trust meets four times a year and in public at least once a year.
The Chair of the Children's Trust is Councillor Steve Harrod (Cabinet member for Children and Family Services) and the Deputy Chair is Dr Matthew Gaw (Oxfordshire Clinical Commissioning Group).
Children's Trust membership is drawn from the following agencies or organisations.
- County councillors
- Senior officers of Oxfordshire County Council
- Oxfordshire Clinical Commissioning Group
- City and district council members
- Thames Valley Police
- Oxfordshire Safeguarding Children Board
- Oxford Health NHS Foundation Trust
- Oxford University Hospitals NHS Trust
- Safer Oxfordshire Partnership
- Representation from schools and colleges
- Three representatives from the Voluntary and Community Sector
- Healthwatch ambassadors
- Representatives from the Voice of Oxfordshire’s Youth (VoXY)
The work of the Children's Trust is set out in the Children and Young People’s Plan.