How to get services
Visit Dementia Oxfordshire for advice about support services that are available to you. You can also call the support line on 01865 410 210.
How Dementia Oxfordshire can help you
If you have been diagnosed with dementia, are a carer for someone with dementia, or know someone with dementia, we can help you with a wide range of issues, including:
- information about dementia
- guidance on how to get a diagnosis
- how to get help locally
- awareness and education sessions for people living with dementia and their carers
- staying independent
- adaptations for your home
- benefits and allowances that you may be entitled to
- benefits, support and respite breaks for carers
- activities and leisure opportunities
- planning for the future and legal issues
- emotional support
- support for people with Mild Cognitive Impairment
Community-based dementia advisers and support workers are available across Oxfordshire. They provide tailored information, advice, and support to help people live well with dementia. Your doctor, district nurse, memory clinic, or another professional service can refer you to them.
Our service is confidential. We will not discuss your information with anyone else unless we have your consent to do so or unless you or someone else involved is at risk. If this situation occurs, we will always talk to you about it first.
Memory cafes and training courses
A number of services offer support to people living with dementia, their families and friends. There are memory cafés and clubs, singing groups, training courses for carers, and opportunities to socialise. You can find opportunities on Live Well Oxfordshire by searching for ‘dementia’.
Community support service centres
The Community support service supports adults living with dementia and offers various activities, from computer classes to lunches, exercise groups, to film clubs. The seven centres serve as community hubs that provide:
- social care
- health advice and information
- valuable breaks for carers.
Other dementia services
Young Dementia Oxfordshire is the young-onset dementia service provided by Dementia UK.
Dementia Connect, Alzheimer's Society's dementia support service, is free, easy to access, and puts you in touch with the right support. From local help to phone and online advice.