Transferring or moving school

How to apply for places at Oxfordshire schools during the academic year (in-year transfers).

Start your application

You can use the in-year application form to transfer your child to a different school in Oxfordshire. You can use the process below to send the form to us electronically or print it and send it to us by post.

You can submit your transfer request online to us. You will need Adobe Reader version 7 or above to complete the form. You can download the latest version of Adobe Reader.

Apple Mac users

If you are using an Apple Mac/MacBook save the file to your desktop and open it in Preview or Acrobat.

Do not open and edit directly in your web browser.

Follow the process below:

  1. Save the Transfer application form for in year transfers (pdf format, 450Kb) to your computer by right-clicking the link and choosing 'save target as' or 'save link as' depending on your browser.
  2. Open the form in Adobe Reader, complete it and save your changes.
  3. Upload the document using the transfer form along with proof of address if required.

What happens next?

Once we have processed your application, we will contact you either by email or post.


If your school application is refused, you may appeal against the decision.