Materials to support the educational provision of unaccompanied asylum seeking children as referenced in the UASC handbook. The materials include practical strategies and guidance for teachers on how to support pupils new to English.
- Making pupils feel welcome (pdf format, 23Kb)
- New arrival welcome box (pdf format, 79Kb)
- Language mat primary (pdf format, 128Kb)
- Language mat secondary (pdf format, 118Kb)
- OXSIT SEMH mapping exercise September 2016 (pdf format, 296Kb)
- Teaching and learning strategies for new arrivals (pdf format, 93Kb)
- Monitoring progress silent period (doc format, 23Kb)