About the Schools' Forum
The government requires every local authority to set up a schools' forum.
Its purpose is to provide strategic direction for the funding of schools in the local authority and support services in relation to new school funding arrangements covering:
- the Dedicated Schools' Grant (DSG)
- the Schools' Budget (centrally retained and Individual School Budget)
- wider issues such as service contracts and service level agreements.
The following regulations govern the composition, constitution and procedures of the schools' forum:
- Section 47A of The School Standards and Framework Act 1998 (as amended) requires every local authority to establish a schools' forum.
- The Schools Forums (England) Regulations 2012 No 2261 (pdf format, 72Kb) govern the composition, constitution and procedures of the schools' forum.
The forum is required to operate in accordance with a formal constitution:
- Constitution and Terms of Reference (pdf format, 42Kb)
- Schools' Forum membership list (pdf format, 41Kb)
Further information and guidance
- Responsibilities of the schools' forum (pdf format, 223Kb)
- Schools Forums: Operational and Good Practice Guide for Local Authorities and Members of Schools Forums (pdf format, 325Kb)
- Department of Education guidance on Schools Forums for schools and academies
- Schools forums structures (pdf format, 183Kb)
- Template for Schools Forum papers (pdf format, 126Kb)
- Protocol for papers to Schools Forum (pdf format, 90Kb)
The Oxfordshire Schools Forum has two committees and one working group affiliated to it:
- Schools and High Needs Committee
- Services and Contracts Committee
The minutes of the these committees/working groups can be found with the papers for Schools Forum meetings.
The Oxfordshire Schools Forum meets five times a year and recent non-confidential papers for meetings that have taken place can be downloaded below.
17 June 2021
- Agenda 17.06.21 (pdf format, 290Kb)
- Full minutes 04.02.21 (pdf format, 224Kb)
- School Swimming (pdf format, 123Kb)
- Matters arising DfE places for 21-22 (xlsx format, 22Kb)
- Early Years update (pdf format, 197Kb)
- Minutes 24.03.21 (pdf format, 208Kb)
- Services and contract minutes 13.05.21 (pdf format, 184Kb)
- High Needs Transformation Project Update (pptx format, 193Kb)
4 February 2021
- Agenda (pdf format, 100KB)
- 12.1.21 Minutes (pdf format, 100KB)
- EY Funding Formula 2021-22 (pdf format, 100KB)
- Special Schools funding 2021-22 (pdf format, 100KB)
12 January 2021
- School forum minutes 18/11/20 (pdf format, Kb)
- 3.1 Alternative provision - stakeholder survey findings (pdf format, 315Kb)
- 4. Services and contract minutes 1 Dec 2020 (pdf format, 163Kb)
- 5 . Cabinet special schools funding paper (pdf format, 246Kb)
- 6.2. DSG 2021-22 (pdf format, 253 Kb)
- 6.3 Schools funding formula 2021-22 - Authority proforma tool (pdf format, 207 Kb)
17 June 2020
- SF Agenda 17 June (pdf format, 400KB)
- Schools Forum Minutes (pdf format, KB)
- SF Services & Contracts Committee Minutes 7 May 2020 (pdf format, 250KB)
- Update on Authority Proforma Tool (pdf format, 200KB)
- Green Energy Purchasing_Schools Forum 17 June 2020 (pdf format, 100KB)
- High Needs funding briefing Paper Chris Hilliard (pdf format, 185KB)
- Transfer of Monies from SB to HN (pdf format, 140KB)
- OHS briefing paper OHS consultation (pdf format, 144KB)
- OCC Considerations for Return to School Updated 2 June (pdf format, 700KB)
- Academy Update June 2020 (pdf format, 300KB)
If you would like copies of papers from earlier meetings contact the Schools' Forum.