About the Schools' Forum
The government requires every local authority to set up a schools' forum.
Its purpose is to provide strategic direction for the funding of schools in the local authority and support services in relation to new school funding arrangements covering:
- the Dedicated Schools' Grant (DSG)
- the Schools' Budget (centrally retained and Individual School Budget)
- wider issues such as service contracts and service level agreements.
The following regulations govern the composition, constitution and procedures of the schools' forum:
- Section 47A of The School Standards and Framework Act 1998 (as amended) requires every local authority to establish a schools' forum.
- The Schools Forums (England) Regulations 2012 No 2261 (pdf format, 72Kb) govern the composition, constitution and procedures of the schools' forum.
The forum is required to operate in accordance with a formal constitution:
- Constitution and Terms of Reference (pdf format, 42Kb)
- Schools' Forum membership list (pdf format, 41Kb)
Further information and guidance
- Responsibilities of the schools' forum (pdf format, 223Kb)
- Schools Forums: Operational and Good Practice Guide for Local Authorities and Members of Schools Forums (pdf format, 325Kb)
- Schools forums structures (pdf format, 183Kb)
- Template for Schools Forum papers (pdf format, 126Kb)
- Protocol for papers to Schools Forum (pdf format, 90Kb)
The Oxfordshire Schools Forum has two committees and one working group affiliated to it:
- Schools and High Needs Committee
- Services and Contracts Committee
The minutes of these committees/working groups can be found with the papers for Schools Forum meetings.
Calendar of Forum Meetings
- Wed 14 September 2022
- Tues 8 November 2022
- Tues 17 January 2023
- Wed 8 February 2023
- Tues 27 June 2023
The Oxfordshire Schools Forum meets five times a year and recent non-confidential papers for meetings that have taken place can be downloaded below.
If you would like copies of papers from earlier meetings contact the Schools' Forum.