Moving to Oxfordshire: a guide to school applications
What you need to know if you are moving to Oxfordshire with school-aged children.
Moving from outside the UK
Families who are planning to move, or have moved to Oxfordshire from outside the UK
If you are moving to Oxfordshire from overseas, you should provide proof of your Oxfordshire address with the application.
Without proof of address, we may not be able to offer your child a school place.
See below about documents we accept as proof of address.
Proof of address
You should provide proof of address with your application. Proof of your new Oxfordshire address will improve your chances of getting the school place you want.
Documents we accept as proof of address:
- Solicitor’s letter confirming contracts have been exchanged
- Tenancy agreement (the page showing details of new address and last page signed by landlord and tenant)
- New Council Tax demand
- Letter from new employer (e.g. University college) where accommodation is being provided by them and is tied to the new post/job
- New Quarter information if this is a military posting with provided accommodation
- Assignment Order if this is a military posting but the new quarter has not yet been notified.
Service or Crown Servant personnel
If you are moving to Oxfordshire from overseas or another UK address, you can make your transfer application before you have a confirmation of your new address.