How to apply
From 1 November 2019 you can apply online for a junior school place.
If you cannot apply online, you can request a paper application form from schools and from the School Admissions Team.
The deadline for receipt of completed junior school applications is 15 January 2020.
If your application is late, it will be processed later in the year, and you are far less likely to get a place at one of your preferred schools
Who can apply
Junior applications can only be made for Year 2 children transferring to Year 3 at junior school.
If your child attends a primary school already, and you want them to transfer to another primary school for Year 3, this will be treated as an in-year transfer. The earliest such applications can be submitted is June 2020. Please see our school transfers page for further information.
Important things to remember when applying
- apply on time, ie no later than 15 January 2020
- it is the responsibility of parents/carers to apply for a school place
- you can list four different schools in order of preference.
- we advise you to enter your catchment (or designated area) school as one of your preferences
- consider how your child will travel to school – see below and see school travel pages and guidance
- if your application is late, it will be processed later in the year, and you are far less likely to get a place at one of your preferred schools