Report a pothole online
Should I report every pothole online?
Potholes may need urgent attention if they are more than 40 millimetres in depth and/or 150 millimetres in width, or, as a simple guide:
- The depth of a milk bottle
- The size of a dustbin lid
- The depth of a tennis ball, size of a dinner plate and on a busy carriageway
- The depth of a coke can on a pathway or busy carriageway
- The depth of a coke can and the size of a dinner plate on a quiet carriageway
Please call us on 0345 310 1111 if the pothole is bigger than the sizes above.
How can I tell if someone else has already reported the pothole?
If a pothole has been outlined with paint it has already been inspected by our team and programmed to be fixed, so you don't need to report it.
Our online reporting tool will also show you what potholes (and other street problems) have been reported.
Please include as much information about the location, size and severity of the pothole as possible, to help us deal with your enquiry.