We are responsible for making and keeping a list of streets in Oxfordshire which are 'highways maintainable at the public expense'. This information is stored as Highway Record Maps
If you have received information from us (Highway records) which you believe is incorrect and you wish to challenge it, we have developed a protocol for you to follow. This lists the type and sources of evidence that you will be required to supply in order for us to assess your application. By following the protocol and completing the application for variation form will ensure that you are able to search for all the evidence available to support your case.
- Protocol for requests to investigate highway status and amend the 'list of streets' (pdf format, 929 KB)
- Application for variation form (pdf format, 305 KB)
How to apply for a change to the record map
- Complete the application form above and send it to us with your evidence.
- You will need to supply copies of all the evidence available at your own cost, even if it does not support your application.
- Your evidence will be assessed by Highway Records and the county council's Solicitor together with information held in records held at County Hall.
If you disagree with the council's decision
Your next step is to seek a decision from the courts; the costs of any such application must be borne by the applicant.
This will depend on the complexity of the individual application; obviously we will do our utmost to respond to your application in the shortest possible time.