What you can expect
This scheme will include the following key construction elements:
- New dedicated bus lanes on the Bicester Road (southbound) linking with the bus lane on the eastern section of Kidlington Roundabout.
- New signalised crossing facilities on Bicester Road, Oxford Road south and Frieze Way
- Reduced speed limits to 30mph on the roundabout and its approaches (additional changes, including along the remaining length of A4260 north of the roundabout, and on Banbury Road south of the roundabout toward Oxford are also being proposed alongside the main scheme)
- A new 3.5m wide shared use pedestrian and cycle path to connect to existing infrastructure
- Improved street and footpath lighting
This General Arrangement Plan shows the proposed layout of the improvements on the Kidlington Roundabout.
The proposals formed part of a statutory consultation between 30 June and 12 August 2022. They were approved for development by the cabinet member for travel and development strategy at a delegated cabinet member decision meeting in February 2023, with detailed design and road safety audits now completed
We have designed the traffic management to minimise the impact as far as possible on residents and businesses plus road users affected by these works, including bus services.
Traffic lanes on all approaches will remain open for the works, including two vehicular lanes around the circulatory of the roundabout.
Whilst disruption will be minimised wherever possible, delays are likely throughout the works, and everyone is being asked to review their daily route, mode of transport and time of travel and, where possible, consider alternatives.
Further information, including updates on progress, changes in traffic management, and work programmes, will continue to be provided via this web page.