There is a new, mandatory training package in place for all taxi drivers, coach drivers and passenger assistants in Oxfordshire.
Please note: You will need to read and agree to the Code of Conduct (pdf format, 670Kb) before you can proceed with a booking.
Who is this training for?
- All licenced drivers within Oxfordshire.
- Drivers applying for new licences in the districts of South Oxfordshire, Vale of White Horse, Oxford City, West Oxfordshire and Cherwell.
- Taxis Drivers, Coach Drivers & Passenger Assistants applying for a new Oxfordshire County Council Transport badge (school badge).
- Taxis Drivers, Coach Drivers & Passenger Assistants applying for a renewal Oxfordshire County Council Transport badge (school badge).
- The new course will include Safeguarding and Disability Awareness Training for coach drivers, taxi drivers and passenger assistants.
- The course will be split into two halves (Disability Awareness Training and Safeguard Training) and will be followed by a compulsory multiple-choice test.
- Attendees must read and understand the Training manual (pdf format, 511Kb). It compliments the training course and the trainers will be available for any questions you may have relating to the manual throughout the course.
- The combined Safeguarding and Disability Awareness Training will last a minimum of four hours.
- There will be no refreshments provided at any of the courses, but all attendees are very welcome to bring their own food and drink.
- The multiple-choice test will run in test conditions and in a closed book format. There is no time limit for the test and if an attendee needs help with reading the test, the training team will be happy to do this for them if requested. The training team are not able to interpret the course in to other languages and attendees are not able to use mobile translation devices to do so either.
- Applicants who do not pass will fail the course. Details of the implications (pdf format, 100Kb)
- If an attendee is nervous, has any concerns or additional requirements, please email email@example.com ahead of the relevant course date to let the training team know.
- Charges are applicable (pdf format, 57Kb) for all no-shows and late cancellations.
If you require any assistance or have any queries with the new training package and/or booking system please contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org