To ensure that the county’s transport systems are fit to support population and economic growth, in 2015 we developed a new Local Transport Plan. This aims to give Oxfordshire the best chance of success when bidding for funding to deliver transport projects to support new development.
We have taken a fresh look at our transport vision, goals and objectives, to ensure that they support the Local Enterprise Partnership’s strategic economic plan as well as district council local plans and other council strategies.
We have considered a range of solutions to meet our objectives, and used these to develop our strategies, alongside the schemes we are already committed to.
The Local Transport Plan was agreed by full council in September 2015, following public consultation on the draft plan earlier that year. The plan was updated in 2016 in order to strengthen the emphasis on improving air quality and making better provision for walking and cycling.
- Connecting Oxfordshire volume 1 - Policy and overall strategy, (pdf format, 3Mb)
- Summary of changes, (pdf format, 206Kb)
- Air Quality 2016 with AQMA table (pdf format, 149Kb)
- Summary version of Connecting Oxfordshire (pdf format, 10Mb)
The documents below give further information about the consultation activity and assessments.
Innovation in Oxfordshire
- Connecting Oxfordshire volume 6 - Innovation in Oxfordshire -Science Transit Strategy (pdf format, 2Mb)
- LTP Annex 1: consultation summary (pdf format, 237Kb) - This summarises the main issues raised in the consultation.
- LTP Annex 2: consultation issues raised (pdf format, 837Mb) - This provides detailed feedback on the consultation.
SCIA (Service and Community Impact Assessment)
SEA (Strategic Environmental Assessment)
- Strategic environmental assessment (SEA) (pdf format, 11 Mb)
- Strategic environmental assessment (non-technical report) (pdf format, 394 Kb)
- Appendix A part 1: consultation scoping responses (pdf format, 410 Kb)
- Appendix A part 2: consultation responses on environmental report (pdf format, 253 Kb)
- Appendix B: plans, policies and programmes review report (pdf format, 706 Kb)
- Appendix C: strategic environmental assessment - effects on human health (pdf format, 759 Kb)
- Appendix D: habitats regulations assessment screening report (pdf format, 879 Kb)
- Appendix E: strategic environmental assessment - policy assessment report (pdf format,832 Kb)
- Appendix F: strategic environmental assessment - area and supporting strategy assessment (pdf format, 1.5 Mb)