When and where
Tuesdays 5.45 - 7.15pm (Big Band IV)
Tuesdays 7.30 - 9.30pm (Big Bands I, II, III)
Centre for Music
Contact Charles Lloyd via the Music Service.
What is available
You can find:
- one intermediate Big Band (OYBB IV)
- two Oxfordshire Senior Schools' Big Bands (OYBB II, III)
- the Oxfordshire Youth Big Band (Auditioned through membership of the two senior schools' big bands).
We play music ranging from the big band sounds of Glenn Miller and Stan Kenton to the more modern arrangements of the National Jazz Orchestra. We aim to encourage jazz at all levels.
Who can join
If you are above Grade 3 standard on any of the following instruments we should be happy to welcome you to one of the four bands: piano, drum kit, bass guitar, electric guitar, trumpet/cornet, trombone, saxophone.
Come along on a Tuesday and see if you like it!
How much it costs
£81 per term (Big Bands I, II, III)
£50 per term (Big Band IV)
Dates for 2018-19
- September 18, 25
- October 2, 9, 16, 30
- November 6, 13, 20, 27
- December 4 (concert)
- January 8, 15, 22, 29
- February 5, 12, 26
- March 5, 12, 19, 26 (Concert)
- April 23, 30
- May 7, 14, 21
- June 4, 11, 18 (All bands final concert)