Library stock helper
A helper assists library staff in keeping the library stock tidy, attractively displayed and in good condition.
- to help library staff keep the library stock tidy and in good condition.
- shelving returned items
- tidying shelves – checking items on the shelves are in good condition, are in the correct sequence and are attractively displayed.
- helping pack and unpack deliveries
- undertaking minor repairs to items
- helping customers find the books or resources they need
- helping customers with enquiries by directing them to a member of staff
Skills and abilities needed
- to be able to shelve items in correct sequence whether alphabetically, numerically or in special collections and displays
- to be physically fit as you have to be able to carry items and shelve at different heights
- to enjoy working with people and be willing to help
- to be happy working on your own and as part of a team
- to be interested in reading and have the confidence to choose items for other people
How to apply
We appreciate the support volunteers provide. If you are interested in applying, please fill in the online application form.
Select the library you would like to apply to: