Oxfordshire History Centre will be closed from 5 November
We are provisionally accepting visitor bookings for 3 December onwards.
When you visit there will be some changes:
- Opening hours are limited to one morning and one afternoon session.
- Open Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and alternate Saturdays.
- All visitors must book a session in advance.
- There will be a limited number of places available in each session.
- The centre will be closed between 12.30 and 1.30 pm for extra cleaning.
- All material/documents must be ordered and agreed in advance - there will be no casual requests.
- All access will be via the entrance to the car park on Temple Road. No access via the pedestrian gate on Oxford Road.
You must wear a face covering during your visit (unless exempt for health reasons). We will use your name and contact details to assist the NHS with Track and Trace.
Read our Visitor Information for full details of changes.
How to find us
The centre is based in Cowley, about three miles from the centre of Oxford and just off the eastern ring road. There is limited free parking.
Oxfordshire History Centre
St Luke's Church
Buses run every few minutes from:
Oxford city centre:
5 (Oxford Bus Company);
1 and 10 (Stagecoach),
Oxford railway station:
5 (Oxford Bus Company)
Updated opening hours
All visitors must Book a Seat before visiting. There will be two sessions per day with a maximum of four places in each session.
|Day||Time of sessions|
|Tuesday||10am - 12.30pm and 1.30 - 4pm|
|Wednesday||10am - 12.30pm and 1.30 - 4pm|
|Thursday||10am - 12.30pm and 1.30 - 4pm|
|Saturday||10am - 12.30pm and 1.30 - 4pm (alternate weeks only)|
We are closed on bank holidays and bank holiday weekends.
We will be opening on the following dates:
- 12 December
Our café facilities are currently unavailable, and it's not possible to use the reception area to eat your own lunch.