Oxfordshire County Council logo

Update your van and trailer permit

You can update the address, vehicle, name or email address on your permit.


Permits do not allow you to bring in any form of commercial waste.

Commercial waste is generally described as any waste generated as part of a business, or waste, including household waste, carried for profit/where payment has been made. For example, this would include house clearances, gardeners and odd job enterprises.

Changing your vehicle

If you have changed your vehicle, check:

  • if you need a permit to use it at a household waste and recycling centre (HWRC)
  • that it complies with our rules.

We will ask for your vehicle registration number and search the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA) database. Then, we will ask questions about your vehicle based on the results.

Changing your address

If your address is registered as business premises, you'll need to provide your current year council tax bill as proof that you live at the address. You can upload an image of the document to the form.

Update your permit