Since April 2012, local communities have had legal powers under the Localism Act of 2011 to create neighbourhood plans for their communities. In this way local people can have a greater say in shaping the development of the communities of which they are a part.
Oxfordshire County Council is one of the major infrastructure providers for the county, providing and managing many important services that communities use and rely upon. We are fully supportive of neighbourhood planning as a way for local communities to have a greater say in where they live and work and will support parish councils and neighbourhood forums working on Neighbourhood Development Plans in their local area.
If you are preparing, or interested in preparing, a Neighbourhood Development Plan for a community in Oxfordshire this toolkit should help you quickly identify what information, guidance, help and support can be provided by us as well as relevant contact details.
Toolkit by sections
- Foreword (pdf format, 96Kb)
- What is Neighbourhood Planning? (pdf format, 135Kb)
- What are Neighbourhood Development Plans (NDPs)? (pdf format, 236Kb)
- Who can prepare Neighbourhood Development Plans? (pdf format, 135Kb)
- What funding is available? (pdf format, 145Kb)
- What is my local District Council’s role in Neighbourhood Development Planning? (pdf format, 142Kb)
- What is Oxfordshire County Council’s role in Neighbourhood Development Planning? (pdf format, 305Kb)
- Our services and charges (pdf format, 165Kb)
- Liaison with your county councillor (pdf format, 146Kb)
- Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL) (pdf format, 212Kb)
Areas for which we have a statutory responsibility:
- Education (pdf format, 109Kb)
- Transport and Highways Management (pdf format, 14Kb)
- Transport and Highways Management - Policy and Strategy (pdf format, 15Kb)
- Transport planning application advice (pdf format, 90Kb)
- Flood Management (pdf format, 119Kb)
- Minerals and Waste Planning (pdf format, 135Kb)
- Waste Management and Disposal (pdf format, 120Kb)
- Economic Development (pdf format, 116Kb)
- Public Rights of Way (pdf format, 118Kb)
- Gypsy and Traveller Services (pdf format, 113Kb)
Areas for which we can provide information and/or guidance:
- Information for Developers (Developer Funding) (pdf format, 133Kb)
- Archaeology and Heritage (pdf format, 122Kb)
- Biodiversity and the Natural Environment (pdf format, 148Kb)
- Oxfordshire County Council’s Property and Assets (pdf format, 177Kb)
- Specialist Housing for Older People (pdf format, 15Kb)
- Common Land and Village Greens (pdf format, 15Kb)
- Energy Efficiency and Carbon Reduction (pdf format, 121Kb)
- Trees and Woodland (pdf format, 115Kb)
- High Speed Broadband (pdf format, 117Kb)
Other Oxfordshire County Council services
Asset Management Plan
The County Council holds property to sustain and support its corporate objectives as reflected in the Corporate Plan and associated Business Strategy.
The Asset Management Plan (Operational Property Strategy, excluding Schools) is a document designed to set out the future direction for managing the County Council’s property assets.