The Definitive Map and Statement shown here is an electronic copy of the legal record of public rights of way. It has a 'relevant date' of 21 February 2006 so the actual published version of the map and statement does not include changes made to the public rights of way network since it was produced.
Legal changes made to the network and the definitive map since 2006 (through diversions, extinguishments, creations or modification orders) are shown on our interactive countryside access map. If you find that there is a difference between the two maps, and you want to find out more, please contact us to find out the details.
The following document contains a list of changes to the Definitive Map and Statement, and was last updated February 2019, but without prejudice to any existing unrecorded rights. Changes are listed by parish and path number order. It is intended to update this list quarterly:
Please note that the Definitive Map is accurate at its original scale of 1:10,000 only. Viewing the data at a larger scale than this will not increase its accuracy.
Rights of way may exist which are not yet shown on the Definitive Map.
How to view the Oxfordshire Definitive Map online
Select the map sheet from this map grid of the county Oxfordshire Definitive Map (pdf format, 2.6 MB) or type the place name that you are looking for into the box below and click 'search for a Definitive Map sheet':
- To recreate the accurate 1:10,000 scale, adjust the size of the map using the + and - buttons at the top, until the smaller 1 km grid squares measure 10cm on the map
- Paths are referenced by parish number and then by path number, eg Abingdon Footpath Number 1 is referenced 100/1.
If you are using the map to select a map sheet
- Select the map sheet from this map grid of the county Oxfordshire Definitive Map (pdf format, 2.6 MB)
- Use the bars on the right of the page to move the map around
- Click on the + button at the top of the page to zoom in to the area that you are looking for
- Click on the appropriate 5 km grid square to open up that page of the Definitive Map
View the Definitive Statements
The Definitive Statements give a description of each public right of way, including any limitations or conditions such as width of path. Definitive Statements should be viewed in conjunction with the Definitive Map.
The Definitive Statements are organised alphabetically by parish and then by path number in each parish. The parish reference number, shown on the Definitive Map pages accessed above, is shown at the top right hand corner of each Definitive Statement page and the path numbers are shown next to each path. You will need to scroll through the appropriate letter of the alphabet for your parish, or parish reference number, until you come to the parish you are looking for and then find the correct path number in that parish.
Definitive Statements by parish
- A (pdf format, 101 Kb) (Parish's 100-117)
- B (pdf format, 239 Kb) (Parish's 119-150)
- C (pdf format, 206 Kb) (Parish's 151C-186)
- D (pdf format, 64 Kb) (Parish's 187-195)
- E (pdf format, 83 Kb) (Parish's 196-206)
- F (pdf format, 73 Kb) (Parish's 208-221)
- G (pdf format, 410 Kb) (Parish's 222-235)
- H (pdf format, 124 Kb) (Parish's 236-257)
- I (pdf format, 25 Kb) (Parish's 258-260)
- K (pdf format, 58 Kb) (Parish's 261-270)
- L (pdf format, 105 Kb) (Parish's 271-291)
- M (pdf format, 75 Kb) (Parish's 292-305)
- N (pdf format, 89 Kb) (Parish's 306-317)
- O (pdf format, 67 Kb) (Parish's 318-320)
- P (pdf format, 32 Kb) (Parish's 321-325)
- R (pdf format, 48 Kb) (Parish's 326-332)
- S (pdf format, 276 Kb) (Parish's 334 - 378)
- T (pdf format, 70 Kb) (Parish's 379-386)
- U (pdf format, 24 Kb) (Parish's 387-389)
- W (pdf format, 174 Kb) (Parish's 390-419)
- Y (pdf format, 18 Kb) (Parish 420)