The Definitive Map and Statement is the legal record of public rights of way. It has a 'relevant date' of 21 February 2006.
Legal changes made to the network and the definitive map since 2006 (through diversions, extinguishments, creations or modification orders) are shown on our interactive countryside access map.
The following document contains a list of changes to the Definitive Map and Statement and was last updated February 2019, but without prejudice to any existing unrecorded rights. Changes are listed by parish and path number order.
View the Definitive Statements
The Definitive Statements describe each public right of way. The description includes limitations or conditions, such as the width of the path.
The Definitive Statements are organised alphabetically by parish and then by path number in each parish.
The parish reference number is shown at the top right-hand corner of each Definitive Statement page. The path numbers are shown next to each path.
How to find a path
You need to know the parish name or its reference number. Either open the document:
- with the first letter of the parish
- or includes the parish number (the range in brackets).
Once you have found the parish, you can scroll through the document to find the path number.
Key for abbreviations
FP - footpath
BOAT - byway open to all traffic
BR - bridleway
RUPP - road used as a public path
Definitive Statements by parish
- A (pdf format, 101 Kb) (Parishes 100-117)
- B (pdf format, 239 Kb) (Parishes 119-150)
- C (pdf format, 206 Kb) (Parishes 151C-186)
- D (pdf format, 64 Kb) (Parishes187-195)
- E (pdf format, 83 Kb) (Parishes 196-206)
- F (pdf format, 73 Kb) (Parishes 208-221)
- G (pdf format, 410 Kb) (Parishes 222-235)
- H (pdf format, 124 Kb) (Parishes 236-257)
- I (pdf format, 25 Kb) (Parishes 258-260)
- K (pdf format, 58 Kb) (Parishes 261-270)
- L (pdf format, 105 Kb) (Parishes 271-291)
- M (pdf format, 75 Kb) (Parishes 292-305)
- N (pdf format, 89 Kb) (Parishes 306-317)
- O (pdf format, 67 Kb) (Parishes 318-320)
- P (pdf format, 32 Kb) (Parishes 321-325)
- R (pdf format, 48 Kb) (Parishes 326-332)
- S (pdf format, 276 Kb) (Parishes 334 - 378)
- T (pdf format, 70 Kb) (Parishes 379-386)
- U (pdf format, 24 Kb) (Parishes 387-389)
- W (pdf format, 174 Kb) (Parishes 390-419)
- Y (pdf format, 18 Kb) (Parish 420)