The Safer Oxfordshire Partnership (‘Safer Oxfordshire’) is a county-wide partnership that provides strategic oversight and direction for preventing crime and anti-social behaviour across Oxfordshire.
The Partnership supports collaboration on shared community safety priorities across the four district-led Community Safety Partnerships and acts as the single point of contact for the Office of the Police and Crime Commissioner.
Safer Oxfordshire consists of an elected member-led Oversight Committee which provides support and challenge to an officer-led Co-ordination Group, which delivers the statutory community safety requirements at the county level.
The district Community Safety Partnerships, develop strategic plans for their respective areas. They ensure delivery of district community safety priorities and work collectively with partners on countywide priorities through the Safer Oxfordshire Partnership.
The Oversight Committee is led by elected members and attended by senior officers from Oxfordshire’s six local authorities:
- Oxfordshire County Council
- Cherwell District Council
- Oxford City Council
- South Oxfordshire District Council
- Vale of White Horse District Council
- West Oxfordshire District Council
The Committee also includes officers from:
- Thames Valley Police
- National Probation Service
- Community Rehabilitation Company
- Oxfordshire County Council, (including Oxfordshire Fire and Rescue Service; Trading Standards; Adult Social Care; Children, Education and Families; Public Health)
- Oxfordshire Clinical Commissioning Group
- Voluntary sector.
Some Oversight Committee members represent community safety on other county wide strategic partnerships, such as the Health & Wellbeing Board, and the Safeguarding Adult and Children Boards, to ensure strong linkages. In addition, most of the Councillors on the Committee are the Chairman for their local CSP and they are the local authority elected representative on the
The Coordination Group is led by senior officers from each of Oxfordshire’s six local authorities and is chaired by the Oxfordshire County Council Fire and Rescue Deputy Chief Fire Officer. In addition, there are officers from Thames Valley Police; National Probation Service; Community Rehabilitation Company; Oxfordshire County Council, (including Oxfordshire Fire and Rescue Service; Trading Standards; Adult Social Care; Children, Education and Families – Safeguarding Board, Early Intervention Service, Youth Justice Service; Public Health); Oxfordshire Clinical Commissioning Group; Prison service; Voluntary Sector.
Key points discussed
- 15 November 2017 (pdf format, 108Kb)
- 5 July 2017 (pdf format, 157Kb)
- 15 September (pdf format, 250KB)
Terms of reference
- Coordination Group - Terms of Reference (pdf format, 143Kb)
- Oversight Committee - Terms of Reference (pdf format, 103Kb)
Business plan, Strategic Intelligence Assessment and Information sharing protocol
- Community Safety Agreement 2017-2018 (pdf format, 979Kb)
- Community Safety Agreement 2016-2017 (pdf format, 389Kb)
- Strategic Intelligence Assessment 2016 (pdf format,1.8Mb)
- Information sharing protocol (pdf format, 659Kb)
- Safer Oxfordshire Partnership Annual Report 2015-2016 (pdf format, 466Kb)
Community Safety Partnerships
Further information about the four district Community Safety Partnerships can be found on their websites: