The Digital Infrastructure Programme consists of six projects:
- Better Broadband for Oxfordshire Programme. We've completed the contract enabling over 80,000 premises to access superfast broadband.
- Businesses in rural Oxfordshire. New Defra funded contracts with BT and Airband delivering ultrafast broadband to rural Oxfordshire. They're focused on improving business productivity.
- Rural Gigabit Connectivity Hub Site procurement. Focussed on connecting public sector buildings with gigabit-capable connectivity.
- Gigabit broadband voucher scheme. Vouchers available to help cover the cost of installing gigabit-capable connections to eligible rural businesses and residential premises.
- Gigabit Oxford. An Oxford city-specific public sector hub site procurement. It enables gigabit connectivity to the county council and Oxford City Council buildings in the city.
- Mobile coverage. Focused on improving 3G and 4G coverage and the rollout of 5G across the county.
Any questions, contact us.
Fibre deployment across Oxfordshire
The Digital Infrastructure Programme website hosts a coverage map, showing an overview of the current and future broadband provision across Oxfordshire. It estimates existing speeds available to premises and details of any planned upgrades due soon.
How to use the coverage map
- Enter a postcode in the search box in the top-left of the map.
- Click the magnifying glass icon, or click Return on your keyboard.
- A pop-up box will display the full details of that premise.
Alternatively, you can explore the map by clicking on the circular symbols.
Project Gigabit – Gigabit Broadband Voucher Scheme
The government has launched new vouchers worth up to £210m to build upon the success of the Gigabit Broadband Voucher Scheme. The scheme closed in March 2021 with more than 66,000 vouchers claimed, worth £127m.
The new vouchers will help to cover the cost of installing gigabit-capable connections to eligible rural homes and businesses across the UK:
- as part of a group project
- with broadband speeds less than 100Mbps.
- Businesses can claim up to £3,500
- Residents can claim up to £1,500
Check if your postcode is eligible
Entering your postcode into the search box. If you are eligible, a message will appear below the search box to indicate that you may be eligible. You can then continue with your enquiry to any of the listed registered suppliers.
Digital Infrastructure Strategy
The Digital Infrastructure Strategy sets out the framework for delivering full-fibre broadband and mobile provision across Oxfordshire. It builds on the extensive work that the Digital Infrastructure Programme has done with suppliers, partners, and government to get superfast broadband access to over 97% of premises in Oxfordshire.
The strategy was approved by Oxfordshire County Council Cabinet members on 17 March 2020 and is underpinned by a formal Digital Infrastructure Partnership with Oxford City Council, OxLEP and all Oxfordshire district councils.
How fibre broadband has benefitted Will Brocklebank, CEO of Shepherd
“Fast broadband is not a luxury; it’s an absolute necessity. I run an Internet of Things (IoT) and machine learning business with a distributed team across the UK, so connectivity is vital – the Better Broadband programme has effectively made it possible for me to do this.”
Since upgrading to superfast fibre broadband, Will’s download speeds have soared to 72Mbps from around 5Mbps, which is great news for his business that he runs from home, as well as for his family.
Visit the Digital Infrastructure Programme website to read the full case study.
Share your experience
Would you like to tell us about your experience of upgrading to fibre broadband and how it has benefitted you? We would be delighted to hear from you! See our collection of published case studies.
Contact us to tell your story.