Court arrangements due to Coronavirus
Oxfordshire Coroner’s Office continues to operate but staff are working remotely. For any queries please call 01865 815020.
Oxfordshire Coroner’s Court has resumed hearing inquest cases subject to Government guidance on controlling infection risk and social distancing.
Any member of the public or press who wishes to attend must telephone 01865 815020 no later than midday on the day prior to inquest.
Attendance is likely to be subject to a maximum number of persons permitted in court to ensure social distancing. Separate, detailed, instructions will be provided to all attendees prior to the hearing.
Where possible, persons will also be able to ‘attend’ by telephone to avoid the need for physical attendance.
If a member of the public or press requires further information about inquest cases, the Coroner will consider providing information on request. Any requests should be submitted, in writing, to firstname.lastname@example.org
All hearings (unless otherwise stated) are held at Oxford Coroner's Court, County Hall, New Road, Oxford, OX1 1ND.
Watch this YouTube video for guidance on visiting the Coroner’s Court.
You can view details of military inquests to be held over the next few months.
Thursday 22 October
Inquests to conclude
- 10am, Walter Wilkinson, aged 94, from Chipping Norton, died 01/04/20 in Horton General Hospital
- 12.30pm Kathleen Coleman, aged 97, from Bicester, died 31/08/20 in John Radcliffe Hospital
12pm Inquests to open
- Steven Gunningham, aged 39, from Banbury, died 30/09/20 in Banbury
- Moira Hands, aged 83, from Witney, died 21/09/20 in Sobell House
- Pei Dong Liang, aged 51, from Bicester, died 04/10/20 in Bicester
- Liam Murphy, aged 33, from Abingdon, died 02/10/20 in Abingdon
- Catherine Taylor, aged 91, from Kidlington, died 05/10/20 in John Radcliffe Hospital
- Terrance Whalley, aged 82, from Faringdon, died 03/10/20 in Faringdon
- Julia Lyne, aged 71, from Oxford, died 10/10/20 in John Radcliffe Hospital
- Katherine Lomas, aged 78, from Oxford, died 13/10/20 in John Radcliffe Hospital