Oxfordshire Coroner’s Court arrangements due to coronavirus
Oxfordshire Coroner’s Office continues to operate but staff are working remotely. For any queries please call 01865 815020.
Inquests will continue to be held subject to government guidance on controlling infection risk and social distancing.
Any member of the public or press who wishes to attend must telephone 01865 815020 no later than midday on the day prior to inquest.
Attendance is likely to be subject to a maximum number of persons permitted in court to ensure social distancing. Separate, detailed, instructions will be provided to all attendees prior to the hearing.
Where possible, people will be encouraged to 'attend' remotely by telephone or video to avoid the need for physical attendance.
If a member of the public or press requires further information about inquest cases, the Coroner will consider providing information on request. Any requests should be submitted, in writing, to email@example.com
All hearings (unless otherwise stated) are held at Oxford Coroner's Court, County Hall, New Road, Oxford, OX1 1ND.
Watch this YouTube video for guidance on visiting the Coroner’s Court.
Monday 18 - 26 October
Inquest to conclude with jury
- 10am Mathew Talbot, aged 22, from Birmingham, died 05/05/19 in Malawi
Thursday 21 October
1pm Inquests to open
- Peter Osborne, aged 55, from Oxford, died 04/10/21 in Farmoor
- Catherine Waite, aged 57, from Witney, died 09/10/21 in Witney
- Terence Willett, aged 83, from Bicester, died 06/10/21 in Bicester
- Jacob Njenga, aged 52, from Faringdon, died 10/10/21 in Faringdon
- Patrick Higginson, aged 42, from Bicester, died 12/10/21 in Bicester
- Margaret Hughes, aged 84, from Oxford, died 13/10/21 in Oxford
Thursday 28 October
Inquests to conclude
- 10am Freda Price, aged 73, from Gloucester, died 21/05/21 in john Radcliffe Hospital
- 11.30am James Courtier, aged 35, from Didcot, died 15/06/21 in Didcot
- 12.15pm Peter Lightfoot, aged 60, from Chester, died 11/06/21 in Oxford