We are recruiting OTFC (Oxfordshire treatment foster care) foster carers to work with very vulnerable children. We provide training, lots of support and fees of over £600 per week. If you are interested, then contact us.
What is Oxfordshire treatment foster care (OTFC)?
OTFC is a specialist foster care treatment programme for children aged 3 to 11, who have the most complex emotional, behavioural and educational needs. The child will be the only foster child in the family except if siblings are placed together.
These children would be more likely to remain in care throughout their childhood with a high risk of placement breakdown. They may be experiencing difficulties at school and in the wider community. They need highly structured and nurturing families in which to develop, learn and improve their life chances.
The treatment usually lasts for around 9 to 12 months. Highly-trained foster carers are supported by a clinical team to ensure that at the end of this period, the child is ready to move on to long-term foster carers or back to their birth parents.
Fees and allowances
A weekly fee of £361 plus allowances is paid. Read more about our allowances.
Things to consider:
- Do you enjoy being part of a team? OTFC uses a team approach to treatment, with the foster carers trained in behavioural techniques and working closely with a multi-agency team.
- Do you enjoy learning new things? Foster carers implement an individualised behaviour programme for each child under the guidance of the programme supervisor.
- What about support? Foster carers receive an enhanced level of support from programme staff. Out of hours support is available 7 days a week.
- Can you attend regular meetings? Foster carers are required to meet weekly as a group to discuss the child’s progress with the interventions. This is a great way to get support and learn from each other.
- Are you available at home full time? We prefer one foster carer to commit to the programme full time.
- Do you have your own child/children? There needs to be a reasonable age gap between the foster carers’ own children and the OTFC child.
What some of our OTFC carers say:
Being an OTFC foster carer is a demanding but immensely rewarding job, our carers told us:
"It's great to know you're not in it alone."
"Charlie was only with us for 12 months and it was truly amazing to see what was achieved in such a short time."
“We feel so involved and supported by the team and have enjoyed seeing such a positive change in children before they move on.”
How to apply
If you are interested in applying for the OTFC programme please contact us to start the process.