Concerns over professionals working with children

Reporting concerns or allegations about a professional working with children.

If you have concerns about a professional or volunteer who works with children, or you need to report them, you will need to contact the Local Authority Designated Officer (LADO). See Contact us for details

A LADO covers all settings where people work with children (e.g. football clubs, church groups, child minders) not just Oxfordshire County Council employees.

They should be made aware of all cases in which it is alleged that a person who works with children has:

  • behaved in a way that has harmed a child, or may have harmed a child;
  • possibly committed a criminal offence against or related to a child; or
  • behaved towards a child or children in a way that indicates they may pose a risk of harm to children 
  • behaved or may have behaved in a way that indicates that they may not be suitable to work with children. (KCSIE 2020) for schools and colleges