Each February, the council formally approves a medium-term financial strategy for the next four years, including a detailed revenue budget for the financial year commencing that April.
What the plan covers
It provides an overview of the council’s planned expenditure and funding and financial strategy for 2023/24 to 2026/2027.
It also includes for each of the five directorates:
- the detailed revenue budget for 2023/24 by service area
- review of charges 2023/24
- budget changes built into the medium-term financial plan for 2023/24 and the following three years.
Our contribution to budgets managed jointly with Buckinghamshire, Oxfordshire and Berkshire West Integrated Care Board, is shown as part of the budgets for adult services.
Our capital programme which shows planned expenditure on new or improved school buildings and roads, for example, is also included.
The medium-term financial strategy contained in this booklet will support the achievement of our strategic plan 2023-2025.
Our nine priorities are
- Put action to address the climate emergency at the heart of our work.
- Tackle inequalities in Oxfordshire.
- Prioritise the health and wellbeing of residents.
- Support carers and the social care system.
- Invest in an inclusive, integrated and sustainable transport network.
- Preserve and improve access to nature and green spaces.
- Create opportunities for children and young people to reach their full potential.
- Play our part in a vibrant and participatory local democracy.
- Work with local businesses and partners for environmental, economic and social benefit.