Each February the council formally approves a medium term financial plan for the next four years, including a detailed revenue budget for the financial year commencing that April.
What the plan covers
It provides an overview of the council’s planned expenditure and funding and financial strategy for 2019/20 to 2022/2023.
It also includes for each of the three directorates:
- the detailed revenue budget for 2019/20 by service area;
- a summary of the 2019/20 budgeted income and expenditure;
- budget changes built into the medium term financial plan for 2019/20 and the following three years.
The council's contribution to budgets, managed jointly with Oxfordshire Clinical Commissioning Group (OCCG), is shown as part of the budgets for adult services.
The council’s capital programme which shows planned expenditure on new or improved school buildings and roads, for example, is also included.
Thriving Oxfordshire For Everyone
The medium term financial plan contained in this booklet will support the achievement of the Council’s Vision of a Thriving Oxfordshire for Everyone, where:
- every community thrives, and everyone can play an active part
- everyone leads safe, healthy lives while people with the greatest need are cared for so:
- older and disabled people can live independently
- every child has the best start in life
- everyone is protected from abuse or neglect
- a strong and thriving economy creates jobs and homes for the future, where the environment and quality of life for Oxfordshire communities is protected.
Service and resource planning - current budget book
This publication complements Oxfordshire County Council’s services and council tax leaflet for 2019/20 which is available on our council funding and spending page. It explains how the council tax is spent and provides a summary of the 2019/20 budget.
Financial plans for previous years
- Service and resource planning 2018/19 - 2021/22 (pdf format, 2Mb)
- Service and resource planning 2017/18 - 2020/21 (pdf format, 1.7Mb)
- Service and resource planning 2016/17 - 2019/20 (pdf format, 1.2Mb)
- Service and resource planning 2015/16 - 2017/18 (pdf format, 1.7 MB)
Earlier plans are available upon request