We believe it is very important that people have a say on how our services are planned and run and how their council tax is spent.
Consultation helps us to stay in touch with what our customers need and want. This is especially important when we need to make difficult decisions that affect the people of Oxfordshire.
Key principles of consultation
The council follows six key principles of consultation:
- keep an open mind and run consultations in an open and honest way
- be clear about what we are consulting on and what we will do with the findings
- give all relevant parties the chance to have their say
- provide sufficient time and information to enable people to engage
- take views expressed in consultations into account when we make decisions
- provide effective and timely consultation feedback
How we consult
We consult widely, in a variety of different ways, to ensure we understand the needs and views of local communities.
There are lots of ways that you can have your say. We regularly run public meetings, hold consultation exhibitions, carry out surveys and organise focus groups.
You can view all of our consultation on the consultation website.