Make a planning application | Oxfordshire County Council

Make a planning application

How to make a planning application for the management of waste or extraction of minerals.

Get advice before you apply

Before you submit an application we strongly encourage all applicants to contact us for pre-application advice to explore potential issues at an early stage and enable a timely decision is reached.

Management of waste

Use the planning website to make an application for the management of waste.

Extraction of minerals

For applications relating to the extraction of minerals you will need to download and complete the information requested 

Our own operational use

Use the planning website to make an application for:

  • schools
  • libraries
  • other council buildings

Modification of legal agreements/planning obligations under Section 106A

Applications seeking to modify the terms of an existing legal agreement or planning obligation entered into under Section 106 of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990 as amended may be made under Section 106A of the Act using this application form (pdf format, 60Kb)

Local list of information requirements

At its meeting on 13 January 2014, our Planning and Regulation Committee approved and adopted for publication, the replacement Local List of Information Requirements for validation of planning and related applications (The Local List).

This document sets out the national information which will be required for all applications to be validated and our own local information requirements which, if considered relevant to the application received by us, will also be required for the application to be validated.

Pre-application discussions

All applicants are strongly advised to engage in pre-application advice with us to seek to identify and agree those items on the Local List which are relevant to their application and which therefore will be required to be provided for it to be validated when submitted.

Other types of applications

For other types of planning application, contact your district council:

Last reviewed
21 December 2017
Access key details Skip to main content Home News Sitemap Search Website help Complaints Terms and conditions Website feedback