Who sits on the board?
Scheme employer representatives
- District Councillor Sandy Lovatt
- Councillor Bob Johnston, Oxfordshire County Council
- David Locke, Chief Operating Officer & Finance Director, The Oxford Diocesan Schools Trust
Scheme member representatives
- Alistair Bastin, Unison, Oxfordshire County Council
- Stephen Davis, Unite, Oxford City Council
- Sarah Pritchard, Brookes University
Independent chairman (non-voting)
- Mark Spilsbury, Head of Pensions, Gloucestershire LGPS Fund
Frequently asked questions
What does the board do?
The board was established under the requirements of Section 5 of the Public Sector Pensions Act 2013 and regulation 106 of the Local Government Pension Scheme Regulations 2013 (as amended). Its key role is to provide support and challenge to the Pension Fund Committee in delivering its statutory responsibilities.
For full details of the role, please see the LGPS - Local Pension Board of Oxfordshire Pension Fund Committee Constitution (pdf format, 268Kb)
How to find out what the has the board been doing?
The board publishes an annual report on its work.
Over its first year the main issues reviewed by the board have been:
- the development of the Brunel Pension Partnership in response to the government’s requirement to enter pooling arrangements for the investment of the fund’s assets
- the development of the fund’s risk management arrangements and a redesign of the fund’s risk register
- concerns in respect of employer management and the management of scheme member data.
More information about can be found within the papers and minutes for the board at recent board meetings
How do I register an interest in becoming a board member?
If you are interested in registering an interest in becoming a board member, this document may help answer some of your questions about the role. Prospective Board members frequently asked questions (pdf format, 170 Kb). We will advertise vacancies on this web page.
What does the pensions regulator do?
The regulator oversees governance and administration of the public sector pension schemes. The code of practice, essential guides and toolkit for scheme managers and pension board members are on the pension regulator website.
How to find out more about the work of the board
For further information on the work of the pension board, please contact the head of Pension Services.