More than 200 employers and their staff contribute to the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS) in Oxfordshire.
The Oxfordshire Pension Fund is responsible for maintaining, administering and paying the benefits from the pension fund.
Notices for your attention
For fund employers
Current scheme consultations
- HM Treasury opened a 12 week consultation called ‘Restricting exit payments in the public sector- consulting on implementation of regulations and exit payments in the public sector'
You can see the documents on the non-scheme consultation page of www.lgpsregs.org.
The last date for your comments is 3 July 2019
- A policy consultation issued by Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government.
You will find the papers here Local Government Pension Scheme: Changes to the Local Valuation Cycle and the Management of Employer Risk
Policy changes within this consultation include
- enabling Colleges of Further Education and Higher Education bodies to withdraw from the requirement to enroll non-teaching staff to the LGPS,
- review of exit payments for employers having no active members in the scheme
- changing the valuation cycle
- enabling funds to undertake mid-cycle valuations to better manage liabilities
The last date for your comments 31 July 2019
Especially for members
Ban to pensions ‘cold calling’
It is now illegal to ‘cold call’ and offer pension services over the phone. This is a common method used by pension scammers. Protect your pension - just put down the phone.
Be ‘scamsmart’ - find out more on how scammers work.
Whether you are an employer, a current scheme member, someone whose pension is not yet due to be paid (a deferred pensioner) or someone receiving a pension, these pages are your starting point for more information.