Transitions during COVID-19
- Transitions for parents (pdf format, 97Kb)
- Endings and lost transition (pdf format, 199Kb)
- Smooth transitions in the Early Years during COVID-19 (pdf format, 201Kb)
- Reception to Yr1 transition during Covid-19 (pdf format, 115Kb)
- School is opening social story - example 1 (pdf format, 165Kb)
- School is opening social story - example 2 (pdf format, 171Kb)
- School is opening social story - example 3 (pdf format, 203Kb)
- 50 things to do before you start school (pdf format 2MB)
This guide is designed to support all Early Years practitioners in Oxfordshire to prepare children for transition. The guidance has been compiled in accordance with Government legislation and guidance.
Smooth transitions within the EYFS depend on a commitment from all professionals involved to develop positive communication links. In order to promote continuity for all children experiencing transitions between settings, it is important that there is a shared approach between all those professionals involved.