Please let us know if you need information that is not listed below.
On this page:
- 2019 updates and news
- Training updates
- General information
- Health and safety
- Shared care protocols
- Provider conference 2019
2019 news and updates
Saturday 19 October - encrypted mail service
We have been advised by Egress that their encrypted mail service will be unavailable between 5 and 9pm on Saturday 19 October while essential security maintenance is carried out.
Please avoid sending emails that need to be encrypted during this period, unless safeguarding issues mean this cannot be avoided.
Infection control and winter preparedness
News release about the impact of Brexit
Yellow rain warning 23 Septembr 2019
Government announcement about events launched to help businesses get ready for the EU Exit
- Local businesses across the UK will receive tailored advice and support on preparing for Brexit on 31 October, as part of a series of nationwide events led by government launching Monday 16 September.
Oxfordshire Market Position Statement 2019 - 2022
29 August - Heat health alert
Level 1 - Summer Preparedness
Temperatures are not expected to reach heatwave threshold values until further notice.
20 August - actions for adult social care providers to prepare in event of EU exit
A new page on the GOV.UK website which describes actions that care providers should take to prepare in the event of an EU exit on 31 October 2019.
22 July - Heatwave update
Level 3 actions for care homes and services at home that are in the Heatwave Plan, at Figs 3.2 and 3.3, pages 22-25.
30 June - Heat health alert
NHS-funded nursing care rate announced for 2019 to 2020
The NHS-funded nursing care standard rate is being increased to £165.56 from April 2019.
Continuing health care
The Oxfordshire Safeguarding Adults Board
If you have queries about the training, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Latest letter from Dept of Health re EU Exit
Press release - HSE
Please note the following press release from the Health and Safety Executive. It relates to a provider in Essex but is relevant in terms of compliance with Health and Safety requirements, particularly when carrying out refurbishment/development.
- Business continuity presentation - Sept 2011 (pdf format, 120Kb)
- Business continuity plans - OCC website
Care Act: resources for providers
Care home support
- Community Health Services: support to care homes
- Influenza like Illness in Care Home (pdf format, 400KB)
Data security and information governance
- General data protection regulations workshops (pdf format, 116Kb)
- Data protection leaflet for providers (pdf format, 280Kb)
- Frequently asked questions (pdf format, 485Kb)
- If you have any queries please contact email@example.com
Dignity, equalities and human rights
- Link to Equality and Human Rights Commission
- 17 June 2013 - Unified do not attempt cardiopulmonary resuscitation (DNACPR) adult policy
- 14 Sept 2012 - OCC Equality Policy 2012-2017 (pdf format, 323Kb)
Funded nursing care - latest letter
Market position statement
Market position statements published by Oxfordshire County Council.
- Marketing position statement 2017 (pdf format, 1MB)
- Care homes: The third Market position statement for care homes (pdf format, 440Kb).
- Extracare Housing: The second Market Position Statement for Extra Care Housing .
- Home support: The first Market Position Statement for home support.
The statements show how we commission services and our understanding of demand now and in the future.
Prices and rates
- Annual price review breakdown (xls format, 15Kb)
- Care homes - target banding rates for spot placements (pdf format, 70 kb)
- Home support - provider rates (xls format, 320Kb)
Safeguarding (adults and children)
Fire risk assessments - 365Alive
These joint working protocols have been developed by Oxfordshire County Council's Social and Community Services and The Primary Care Trust in Oxfordshire who represent the independent providers of domiciliary care services in Oxfordshire.
They are used when clients living in their own homes in the community require health and social care services from the Primary Care Trust and Social and Community Services to be delivered by providers of domiciliary care services.
Review of shared care protocols
- 03 March 2014 - Shared Care Protocols Review - Update (pdf format, 396kb)
- 24 February 2014 - Shared Care Protocols Meetings (pdf format, 114kb)
- 24 February 2014 - Delegated Healthcare task list for Provider Forum (excel format, 116kb)
- 05 February 2014 - Shared Care Protocols Review (pdf format, 386kb)
- Home support medication policy as part of the Oxfordshire Joint Shared Care Protocol - including Appendix 2 - Revision November 2013 (.pdf format 361kb)
Medication recording forms
- 31-day record of client medications' assistance from MDS (pdf format, 117kb)
- Aide memoir for completion of a temporary MAR November 2013 (pdf format, 201kb)
- Flowchart for MAR process November 2013 (pdf format, 188kb)
- Pharmacy introduction letter template November 2013 (pdf format, 302kb)
- Risk assessment for temporary MAR (pdf format, 161kb)
- 04 November 2013 - SCP process
Provider conference 2019
- Oxfordshire Provider Conference Programme (pdf format, 390Kb)
- Key Note Speakers
- Cross Cutting Theme 1
- Cross Cutting Theme 2
- Keynote speaker slides (pdf format, Kb)
- Provider hub - Managing demand (pdf format, 2Mb)
- Cross cutting theme - Being really outstanding (pdf format, 1Mb)
- Provider hub - Care leadership (pdf format, 2Mb)
- Feedback slides (pdf format, 282Kb)
- Provider hub - Strength-based approaches (pdf format, 1Mb)
The survey closes at the end of Monday 18 November