Our Community Support Service provides a range of activities and services and help people to stay healthy, independent and engaged. Each of the eight centres has flexible, knowledgeable, well trained staff who ensure that support is offered in a person-centred way in line with people’s needs.
Meals are not included in the price of the service. Community Support Service staff will work with people to plan their support and options for food will be varied:
- The team can provide transport and support to go to an eating place of a person's choice - this could be a local pub, café or restaurant.
- Cooking as part of a small group: the team can support people to prepare a meal for the group
- People can pay towards a group meal that is being prepared by others without cooking themselves
- A simple hot meal could be prepared by staff.
- People can bring their own pre-prepared meal or light lunch into the service to eat.
Each of the eight Community Support Centres (sometimes called day centres) has its own fleet of family-size vehicles, some of which have been adapted. These vehicles will be driven by Community Support Centre staff.
For people who have an assessed eligible need for transport to and from the service, this can be provided at a cost to the personal budget of £20 per day.
People without eligible needs may use the transport service at a cost of £20 per day, subject to availability.
Organised activities in the local community, that require transport during the day, will be provided at no extra cost with the exception of day trips which will incur an additional charge.
Support for carers
Our staff are trained to a high standard and all have NVQs or similar qualifications and are constantly updating their knowledge and skills in line with the changing needs of the service and the individuals that we support.
We have strong links with the local community including local schools and colleges and other local groups, for example, Carers Oxfordshire, Age UK, health professionals, good neighbour schemes and other agencies who may be able to offer support and advice to our service users.
We can also hire out rooms to organisations with similar objectives. For more information, contact the centre manager.