We are committed to ensuring school-aged children receive the full education they are entitled to.
This commitment guides the work of the service and partners.
What it means
- optimise school attendance
- minimise school exclusions and suspensions
- serve children missing education by identifying them and facilitating a school place for them in a timely manner
- minimise the need for reintegration timetables in schools
- respect the rights of the elective home educating community while ensuring education is suitable and sufficient for all children’s needs.
The motivation is to ensure all children in Oxfordshire are safeguarded and can access all the great educational opportunities available to ensure a thriving transition to adulthood.
We will work with schools, parents and other partners to develop practical and effective steps to realise our joint ambitions for inclusion in education.