A learner engagement strategy for Oxfordshire
The council's Learner Engagement Service has worked with partner organisations to develop the learner engagement strategy.
This will guide the work of the service and partners to deliver on our shared commitment to ensure that all Oxfordshire’s school-aged children receive their full educational entitlement.
What it means
The strategy talks of the need to:
- optimise school attendance
- minimise school exclusions
- serve children missing education by identifying them and facilitating a school place for them in a timely manner
- minimise the need for reintegration programmes in schools
- respect the rights of the elective home educating community while ensuring education is suitable and sufficient for all children’s needs.
The motivation is to ensure all children in Oxfordshire are safeguarded and can access all the great educational opportunities available to ensure a thriving transition to adulthood.
We will work with schools, parents and other partners to develop practical and effective steps to realise our joint ambitions for inclusion in education.