How to apply
From 1 November 2019 you can apply online for a primary or infant school place.
If you cannot apply online, you can request a paper application form from schools, nurseries and from the School Admissions Team.
The deadline for receipt of completed school applications is 15 January 2020.
If your application is late, it will be processed later in the year, and you are far less likely to get a place at one of your preferred schools
Everyone who applies online by 15 January 2020 will receive an email on 16 April 2020 advising which school their child has been offered a place at.
Where families have applied online and secured a place at their first preference school with no eligibility for free home to school transport, only an email will be sent. There will be no letter. Responses can be made online.
Where families have applied online and either: secured a place at their first preference school with the offer of free home to home school transport; or, where a family has applied online but secured a place at a school not listed as first preference, a letter will be sent by second class post with all relevant forms on 16 April as well as an email being sent.
Where applicants have applied on paper, they will be sent a letter and all relevant information by second class post on 16 April, but no email will be sent.
Important things to remember when applying:
- apply on time, that is, no later than 15 January 2020
- it is the responsibility of parents/carers to apply for a school place
- you can list four different schools in order of preference. We strongly advise you to use all four preferences
- we advise you to enter your catchment (or designated area) school as one of your preferences
- consider how your child will travel to school – see school travel pages
- if your application is late, it will be processed later in the year, and you are far less likely to get a place at one of your preferred schools.
A guide to the online application form
If you need help using the online application form, visit our online school applications page.
Forgotten your password?
You can reset your password for the online application portal on the forgotten password page.